Sunday, April 20, 2008

Good-bye Grandma

This morning, my mom called to let us know that my Grandma had passed and was finally at peace. She had been on hospice for quite some time. She was one month shy of her 98th birthday, so she lived a very long and happy life.

If you didn't get a chance to meet her, you missed knowing a very sweet and wonderful woman. My grandfather knew that from almost the first time he met her. He proposed to her after only dating her for 1 month and continued to propose to her every month until she said "Yes." My grandmother told me that the night she finally accepted his proposal they were out on Lovers Lane (which is now one of the runways for Los Angeles International Airport). They were married for over 57 years, until my grandfather passed away in 1988.

My grandmother had
one daughter. She got
to see both my brother
and I get married. And,
she had 3 grandchildren
and 3 great-grandchildren
that she loved very much.







Photo: Four Generations
December 2005

5 comments:

Casey said...

I am so sorry for the loss of your Grandmother. What a lucky woman to have been so loved.

Melanie said...

I'm sorry for your family's loss -but it sounds like she is at peace now, and she had a wonderfully full life! That 4-generation photo is priceless!!

Brenda said...

I love the picture of the four of you. I'm so sorry for your loss. She sounded like an amazing and loving woman.

Julie said...

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I love the picture of her when she was younger. She sounded like a wonderful woman.

Perrin said...

Sorry to hear about it. It's wonderful that you had her for so long.