Sunday, October 21, 2007

Ghost Spider

I thought that with ALL the rain we've had the spiders would be gone. I mean, you know the song . . .

"The itsy-bitsy spider climbed up the water spout.
Down came the rain and washed the spider out."

Apparently, NW spiders haven't heard that song before. We have so many spiders in our yard, I have to do deep knee bends to scope out hidden webs before venturing outside.

However . . . with all my anxieties about spiders and their webs, I couldn't help but take a photo of this one who dropped her web from the end of a tree branch straight down to the front lawn. I just love how my flash reflected off of her!

3 comments:

Casey said...

Eeeeew! Spiders. We have a ton of them as well and I'm not enjoying it. Cool picture though. :)

Brenda said...

Eeeeewwww! Maybe I'll stay in California after all. It's a really cool picture...but still....eeeeeeewwwww! :o(

Julie said...

There are too many spiders out here for me!! I thought they'd be gone too, so why are they still here???