Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Projects Review

Way back in September, I chose three projects to tackle by the end of the month. I just realized that I never owned up to my final results. So, here is how it ended:

1. Maple Tree - DONE
2. Pantry - DONE
3. Front Yard - Errr, ummm . . . SORT OF (?)

I had intended to finish the relandscaping plan for our front yard. But, as I stood out at the curb trying to visualize what I wanted to do, I got sidetracked. I didn't like looking at the entrance to our house -- specifically, the front door. So, I decided I needed to "fix" that before I changed anything else.

Solution . . . I re-painted the front door while John was on a business trip to CA.



(John found out when he got home.)

So, now I am onto my next projects . . . finishing my plans for relandscaping the front yard, and . . . are you ready for this? . . . actually "finding" my office. I started moving and upgrading my computer equipment last weekend.

7 comments:

Melanie said...

Way to go Sheri! Front door looks AWESOME....

Julie said...

Your door looks great! It really stands out in the picture. You're rather adventurous. I don't think I'd take on a task like that!

Casey said...

WOW! What a huge difference! I love, love, love the new door. Great job!

Casey said...

PS..It also highlights the fact that white really doe smake things look bigger! The dark door looks much thinner. :)

Sheri said...

Casey: Wow! I hadn't realized my paint job had a slimming effet ... do you think I would look thinner if I painted myself "Woodsy Brown" from head to toe? (LOL)

Perrin said...

It looks fantastic. I wish I could decide on a color to paint the door. We just had our house painted but I chickened out from changing our white door.

Unknown said...

The front door looks great. So tell me, did you put down a primer first, or just go to town with your paint? I'm thinking of doing the same to my door.