Saturday, October 6, 2007

Last Days of Summer

As the rain settles into the Northwest, I can't help but wonder . . .

"WHAT HAPPENED TO SUMMER???"

I look at my calendar, and I can see the pages for June, July, and August turned over. There are activities written in and crossed off for many of those days. Yet, it doesn't feel like summer ever happened. Notice that even Nick is wearing long sleeves or a jacket.

We spent a lot of time at the park. I know because Nick's mantra had become "Go to da' park." He mastered the slide and loves to swing. He knows that if he's in the baby swing he can go a lot higher, but usually prefers the "big boy" swings. However, there is one park that has a tire swing. I think, if he could, he'd stay on that swing all day!

Nick also loves to run. And, boy, can he RUN! He's been taking soccer class with Dad on Saturday mornings. Last week, Nick was the fastest in his class. Didn't surprise me! If Nick is in a goofy mood, he likes to play tag . . . or as he call it "Catch", as in catch Me. He's gotten quite good at the double-back. I may have taught him that a bit too well from playing hide & seek around the kitchen island.

I hope you all enjoyed the end of your summer! Apparently, we did . . . it just didn't feel like summer.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Apparently...it's like...OCTOBER!

(gasp!)

I just refuse to believe that. Where DID the summer go? :o)

PS: Cute pics of Nick!