Saturday, November 10, 2007

Pumpkin Beer Tasting

Once again, I find that I'm slipping on the updates. I just wasn't sure what to write about. Then, a few friends reminded me that I was supposed to send them the results of our pumpkin beer TASTING the other week. It was good for an amusing Friday night dinner. So, here are our results:

















Jack's Pumpkin Spice Ale (Anheuser Busch) 5.5% alc
Description: An all-malt seasonal brew, which draws its deep copper color from two-row, caramel and carapils barley malts.
Sheri says, "Tastes like slightly flavored Budweiser to me."
John says, "This was the smoothest. I like lighter ales." #1 Choice


Buffalo Bill's Pumpkin Ale
(Buffalo Bill's Brewery, Hayward, CA) 4.9% alc
Description: An amber style ale brewed with fresh roasted pumpkins, malted barley. Cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg are added.
Sheri says, "This one has the best aroma--serious spiced pumpkin smell--but too bitter for me. Pale ale fans might prefer this one."
John says, "The aroma is OK, but it definitely isn't my pick."


Blue Moon Pumpkin Ale (Imported by Blue Moon, Canada) 5.6% alc
Description: An amber-colored, pumpkin flavored ale that combines the flavor of vine-ripened pumpkin and spices.
Sheri says, "This one is maltier, smoother, tastes almost like pumpkin pie, including the crust." #1 Choice
John says, "This one isn't bad, but a bit too heavy."

2 comments:

Julie said...

Who would've thought pumpkin and beer went together? I guess I'm just not a fan of either. I like the reviews though.

Anonymous said...

I think you wrote this post just to torture me!!!! I don't even like pumpkin flavored things but these sound GOOD! awwww beer, I miss you so!