Friday, February 22, 2008

Lunar Eclipse


Not only did the sun come out this week, but we had a beautiful
clear night to view the full lunar eclipse. Unfortunately, most of it happened behind our tall fir trees. But, once it got high enough,
we could go across the street to view it out front.

While the full moon was beautiful, its effects on a toddler aren't quite as impressive. Yes, . . . for most of the week, I have been subjected to the FMC (Full Moon Child). This is the child who wreaks havoc all day, climbs upstairs for nap time, rubs his eyes during story time, and then crawls under the covers to go to sleep. However . . . 10 minutes later, I will hear him singing, jumping in the crib, and kicking the crib just for the "fun" of it. He might go
to sleep for a few minutes after completing exhausting himself.

This is what I've found every day this week, when I've gone in to get him up (shirt and socks are always behind the crib).

6 comments:

grandma said...

Just got back from shopping and decided to see the final update. Loved the pictures. I laughed at the haircut, since I remember going thru a similiar thing with Barry and he always got a sucker after the barber finished. He loved the sucker, hated the haircut. The scene he created was part of the reason he got butches. It also took longer for the hair to grow out...thus fewer haircuts.

Julie said...

We were so lucky to see the eclipse! No clouds, YAY!

Charlotte used to do that sometimes when I put her down for a nap.

Brenda said...

Great pictures! Do you think Nick is trying to tell you something by emptying his crib each day? :o)

Perrin said...

Funny! Not to you I'm sure. Good luck with the lunar cycle.

Unknown said...

Looks like toddler bed time :) Maybe them he'll beg for his crib back!

Great moon pic.

Melanie said...

Hey - I recognize that bedding! Evan had the same jungle bedding in his crib - I love it!!