Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Birthday

I had a great birthday!

John and Nick surprised me with balloons at breakfast. The sun was shining (it was supposed to rain all day). Nick made me "chocolates" (really just his K'NEX pieces in a treat bag from a party he went to on Monday). And, John & Nick both took me out to dinner. Yes, Nick took "Mommy" to dinner!


Nick told Daddy he wanted to pay for dinner -- too cute! So, we let him open his giraffe bank and he brought some of his coins to the restaurant. After dinner, Nick put 3 quarters (one for each of us) in the check folder. Granted, he was a little unsure about parting with his coins, but Daddy explained that's what "paying for dinner" meant. I was very proud of my little man. Then, I thanked Nick for buying me dinner and told him I loved him. As I gave him a big hug, he hugged me back and said, "Me, too!"

It really was a GREAT birthday!

6 comments:

Perrin said...

Happy Birthday Sheri! That was a great story about paying for dinner.

Melanie said...

What a little man Nick is becoming. Adorable! :)
Glad you had a wonderful day!!

Brenda said...

What a thoughtful and loving little boy. It sounds like you had a wonderful Birthday!

Julie said...

Nick is too cute! How sweet of him. That sounds like a great way to spend your birthday!!

Unknown said...

A very belated happy birthday. You have a very sweet boy!

Shawna said...

Ok, running a little late here - but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Glad you had a great day - what a sweet story about Nick!